"In physics, you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself-nature does it for you"
-Frank Wiclzek
-Frank Wiclzek
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
How Physics Was a Part of My Spring Break
On spring break I went skiing for a day at Asessippi Ski Hill. The night before I had made sure to wax my skis to decrease the amount of friction between my skis and the snow. I also had to sharpen the edges so they were able to cut into the snow when I put pressure on them. On hill the ski lift worked against the force of gravity to take me up the hill. The decreased friction and the force of gravity worked together for me to ski quickly and smoothly down the slopes. In the afternoon the snow started to become sticky and slushy which caused more friction between the base of my skis and the snow. I was in a rush to get inside for lunch so I decided to decrease the air resistance by going into a tuck on Home Run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment